unlink - call the unlink() function
The unlink utility performs the function call:
A user may need appropriate privilege to invoke the unlink utility.
The following operands are supported:
- The pathname of an existing file.
The following environment variables affect the execution of unlink:
- Provide a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the implementation-dependent default locale will be used. If any of the internationalization variables contain an invalid setting, the utility will behave as if none of the variables had been set.
- If set to a non-empty string value, override the values of all the other internationalization variables.
- Determine the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single- as opposed to multi-byte characters in arguments).
- Determine the locale that should be used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error.
- Determine the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES .
Used only for diagnostic messages.
The following exit values are returned:
- Successful completion.
- An error occurred.
link, rm, the XSH specification description of unlink().