utmpx.h - user accounting database definitions
[XSI] #include <utmpx.h>
The <utmpx.h> header shall define the utmpx structure that shall include at least the following members:char ut_user User login name. char ut_id Unspecified initialization process identifier. char ut_line Device name. pid_t ut_pid Process ID. short ut_type Type of entry. struct timeval ut_tv Time entry was made.
The pid_t type shall be defined through typedef as described in <sys/types.h>.
The timeval structure shall be defined as described in <sys/time.h>.
Inclusion of the <utmpx.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <sys/time.h>.
The following symbolic constants shall be defined as possible values for the ut_type member of the utmpx structure:
- No valid user accounting information.
- Identifies time of system boot.
- Identifies time when system clock changed.
- Identifies time after system clock changed.
- Identifies a process.
- Identifies a process spawned by the init process.
- Identifies the session leader of a logged-in user.
- Identifies a session leader who has exited.
The following shall be declared as functions and may also be defined as macros. Function prototypes shall be provided.void endutxent(void); struct utmpx *getutxent(void); struct utmpx *getutxid(const struct utmpx *); struct utmpx *getutxline(const struct utmpx *); struct utmpx *pututxline(const struct utmpx *); void setutxent(void);
<sys/time.h>, <sys/types.h>, the System Interfaces volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, endutxent()
First released in Issue 4, Version 2.