fchown - change owner and group of a file
#include <unistd.h> int fchown(int fildes, uid_t owner, gid_t group);
The fchown() function has the same effect as chown() except that the file whose owner and group are to be changed is specified by the file descriptor fildes.
Upon successful completion, fchown() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error.
The fchown() function will fail if:
- The fildes argument is not an open file descriptor.
- The effective user ID does not match the owner of the file or the process does not have appropriate privilege.
- The file referred to by fildes resides on a read-only file system.
The fchown() function may fail if:
- The owner or group ID is not a value supported by the implementation.
- A physical I/O error has occurred.
- The fchown() function was interrupted by a signal which was caught.