Open Group Publications on the Web
An explanation and terms for access to HTML and PDF documents
We are pleased to be able to publish our Specifications and Guides on the World Wide Web.
We ask readers to give us their name and email address for a number of reasons:
- To enable us to gauge the interest in any particular document/subject area
- To enable us to alert you to new editions of the specification
- To enable us to send you details of any corrigenda
The documents are available under the following terms and conditions:
- You should note that The Open Group maintains full copyright protection on all its publications.
- You are permitted to read the HTML and PDF versions of Open Group publications using your HTML browser/pdf reader software and to download them for your own personal use provided you have given your name and email address for each publication requested. However, you are NOT permitted to amend, copy, reprint, offer for sale, or otherwise re-use material from these documents without explicit permission from The Open Group.
- Whilst The Open Group will use its best endeavors to create HTML versions that mirror the PDF publications, there are bound to be differences between the versions. The PDF publication remains the authoritative version for Testing and Certification and other purposes.
- The Open Group reserves the right to charge for HTML/PDF versions of its publications in the future.
- Readers who acquire the HTML/PDF version of The Open Group publications from a source other than The Open Group should be conscious of the fact that HTML/PDF is a revisable format and that the un-official, probably illegal, version they acquire might have been changed from the original.
Additional terms and conditions apply to IEEE Std 1003.1 / The Base Specifications Issue 7:
- The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7, and IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, 2013 Edition are a joint work co-owned by the IEEE and The Open Group. We are pleased in association with The IEEE to make this joint work available on the World Wide Web.
- For the above terms 1 through 5, where it states The Open Group, for these documents this should be read as The Open Group and The IEEE.
- As part of our agreement with the IEEE we are obliged to pass details (name and email address) to the IEEE of those who acquire these documents. The IEEE will not disclose this information to any third party.
We invite readers to send us comments and suggestions about our publications and especially their presentation in HTML. Questions and comments should be addressed to OGPubs@opengroup.org