Architecture Review Checklist - Hardware and Operating System
What is the projects life cycle approach?
At what stage is the project in its life cycle?
What key issues have been identified or analyzed that the project believes will drive
evaluations of hardware and operating systems for networks, servers and end user devices?
What system capabilities will involve high-volume and/or high frequency data transfers?
How does the system design impact or involve end user devices?
What is the quantity and distribution (regional and global) of usage, data storage and
What applications are affinitized with your project by similarities in data, application
To what degree does data?
What hardware and operating system choices have been made before functional design of
key elements of the system?
If hardware and operating system decisions were made outside of the projects
- What awareness does the project have of the rationale for those decisions?
- How can the project influence those decisions as system design takes shape?
If some non-standards have been chosen:
- What are the essential business and technical requirements for not using corporate
- Is this supported by a business case?
- Have the assumptions in the business case been subject to scrutiny?
What is your process for evaluating full life-cycle costs of hardware & operating
How has corporate financial management been engaged in evaluation of life-cycle costs?
Have you performed a financial analysis of the supplier?
Have you made commitments to any supplier?
Do you believe your requirements can be met by only one supplier?