Architecture Review Checklist - Information Management
Data Values Data Definition Security/Protection
Hosting, Data Types, and Sharing
Common Services Access Method
- What are the processes that standardize the management and use of the data?
- What business process supports the entry and validation of the data? Use of the data?
- What business actions correspond to the creation and modification of the data?
- What business actions correspond to the deletion of the data and is it considered part
of a business record?
- What are the data quality requirements required by the business user?
- What processes are in place to support data referential integrity and / or
- What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased
- What are the rules for defining and maintaining the data requirements and designs for
all components of the information system?
- What shareable repository is used to capture the model content and the supporting
information for data?
- What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to
design the database?
- What software development and data management tools been selected?
- What data owners have been identified to be responsible for common data definitions,
eliminating unplanned redundancy, providing consistently reliable, timely, and accurate
information, and protecting data from misuse and destruction?
- What are the data entity and attribute access rules, which protect the data from
unintentional and unauthorized alterations, disclosure, and distribution?
- What are the data protection mechanisms to protect data from unauthorized external
- What are the data protection mechanisms to control access to data from external sources
that temporarily have internal residence within Boeing?
- What is the discipline for managing sole-authority data as one logical source with
defined updating rules for physical data residing on different platforms?
- What is the discipline for managing replicated data, which is derived from operational
- What tier data server has been identified for the storage of high- or medium-critical
- What tier data server has been identified for the storage of type C operational data?
- What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data
contained in a data warehouse?
- What database management systems have been implemented?
- What are the standardized distributed data management services (e.g., validation,
consistency checks, data edits, encryption, and transaction management) and where do they
- What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
- What are the access requirements for decision support data?
- What are the data storage and the application logic locations?
- What query language is being used?
Copyright © The Open Group, 2001