This chapter provides an introduction to and an overview of the contents of Part VI: Architecture Capability Framework.
In order to successfully operate an architecture function within an enterprise, it is necessary to put in place appropriate organization structures, processes, roles, responsibilities, and skills to realize the Architecture Capability.
Part VI: Architecture Capability Framework provides a set of reference materials for how to establish such an architecture function. Readers should note that although this part contains a number of guidelines to support key activities, in its current form, the Architecture Capability Framework is not intended to be a comprehensive template for operating an Enterprise Architecture Capability.
An overall structure for the Architecture Capability Framework is shown in Figure 39-1 .
Figure 39-1: Mature Architecture Capability
Part VI: Architecture Capability Framework is structured as follows:
- Introduction (this chapter)
- Establishing an Architecture Capability (see 40. Establishing an Architecture Capability)
- Architecture Board (see 41. Architecture Board)
- Architecture Compliance (see 42. Architecture Compliance)
- Architecture Contracts (see 43. Architecture Contracts)
- Architecture Governance (see 44. Architecture Governance)
- Architecture Maturity Models (see 45. Architecture Maturity Models)
- Architecture Skills Framework (see 46. Architecture Skills Framework)
return to top of page