utmpx.h - user accounting database definitions
The <utmpx.h> header defines the utmpx structure that includes at least the following members:
char ut_user user login name char ut_id unspecified initialisation process identifier char ut_line device name pid_t ut_pid process id short int ut_type type of entry struct timeval ut_tv time entry was made
The pid_t type is defined through typedef as described in <sys/types.h>.
The timeval structure is defined as described in <sys/time.h>.
Inclusion of the <utmpx.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <sys/time.h>.
The following symbolic constants are defined as possible values for the ut_type member of the utmpx structure:
- No valid user accounting information.
- Identifies time of system boot.
- Identifies time when system clock changed.
- Identifies time after system clock changed.
- Identifies a process.
- Identifies a process spawned by the init process.
- Identifies the session leader of a logged in user.
- Identifies a session leader who has exited.
The following are declared as functions and may also be defined as macros. Function prototypes must be provided for use with an ISO C compiler.
void endutxent(void); struct utmpx *getutxent(void); struct utmpx *getutxid(const struct utmpx *); struct utmpx *getutxline(const struct utmpx *); struct utmpx *pututxline(const struct utmpx *); void setutxent(void);