Architecture: TOGAF 8 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CODE OF PRACTICE
Copyright © 2003 The Open Group
|TOGAF 8 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CODE OF PRACTICE
|Document Number: I916
©December 2003, The Open Group. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be
reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior permission
of the copyright owners.
To ensure that TOGAF 8 Professional Service Providers offerings are delivered in
a consistent and professional manner, in line with the principles of TOGAF Version 8  and without corrupting the elements of the
TOGAF 8 Core Definition .
Code of Conduct
The TOGAF 8 Professional Service Provider agrees to abide by the following guidelines:
- Use of TOGAF 8 Core: Provide services utilizing TOGAF 8 Core as defined
. However, Service Providers may supplement or complement TOGAF 8
Core with other information /tools/ methodologies, as appropriate and necessary, to
complete their specific service offerings to meet their customers needs. Such completion must not contravene or deprecate the elements of the
TOGAF Core Definition.
- Acknowledgement of Intellectual Property: Acknowledge the use of the
intellectual property of TOGAF in all project documentations and presentations, wherever
TOGAF 8 Core is used or referred to in the process of promoting and delivering
- Deployment of TOGAF 8 CERTIED Practitioners:
Commit to deploy the services of TOGAF 8 CERTIFIED  certified
practitioners, whether utilizing permanent employees or contractors or sub-contracting
organizations, for delivery of TOGAF Professional Services.
- Continuous Skills Upgrade: Agree to maintain a register of permanent
employees who are TOGAF 8 CERTIFIED practitioners, complemented by a
training schedule to continuously upgrade their skills consistent with the current
definitions of TOGAF certification.
- Project Register: Maintain an up-to-date project register of TOGAF 8
Core-based projects undertaken by the organization. (This register
may be kept internal, if required for confidentiality reasons.)
- Use of TOGAF 8 Certified Tools: Wherever possible, promote and agree to
use TOGAF 8 TOOL SUPPORT certified architecture tools. It is
acknowledged that in certain situations, non-TOGAF certified tools may have to be deployed
due to specific customer and project requirements.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) Version 8.1 (I915),
published by The Open Group.
- TOGAF 8 Core Definition (I917), published by The Open Group.
- TOGAF 8 CERTIFIED Product Standard (X04TA), published
by The Open Group.
Copyright © 2003 The Open Group. All Rights