This chapter provides an introduction to the guidance provided in the TOGAF Standard — EA Capability and Governance (this document).
In order to successfully operate an architecture function within an enterprise, it is necessary to put in place appropriate organization structures, processes, roles, responsibilities, and governance.
Guidelines included within this document are as follows:
- Establishing an Architecture Capability (see 2. Establishing an Architecture Capability ) provides guidelines on how to use the ADM to establish an Architecture Capability
- Architecture Governance (see 3. Architecture Governance) provides a framework and guidelines for Architecture Governance
- Architecture Board (see 4. Architecture Board) provides guidelines for establishing and operating an Enterprise Architecture Board
- Architecture Contracts (see 5. Architecture Contracts) provides guidelines for defining and using Architecture Contracts
- Architecture Compliance (see 6. Architecture Compliance) provides guidelines for ensuring project compliance to the architecture
TOGAF is a registered trademark of The Open Group